Log in to Remesh
What is a Workspace?
What is a Team?
Create a Team
Edit a Team
Add members to a Team
Reset/Change your password
What is Shared With Me?
Change your email address
Who is my Remesh Workspace Admin?
Invite/Manage Collaborators or Observers
Collaborate on a Conversation
Observe a Conversation
Create a Conversation
What is the difference between a Name and a Title?
Move a Conversation
Duplicate a Conversation
What order are conversations sorted in the dashboard?
Delete a conversation
What is the "Purpose" of a Conversation?
Getting Started - Learn How to Moderate
Scheduling your Conversation
Maximum number of participants
Ideal number of participants
How to program your Discussion Guide
What are Onboarding Polls?
Create Onboarding Polls
Are Onboarding Polls required?
Add images and videos to a Discussion Guide
What is a Segment?
Create a Segment
Using the Discussion Guide import template
Featured Discussion Guide Templates
What if the Conversation runs over?
How to be a participant video instructions - market research
Frequently Used Onboarding Polls
Maximum number of Collaborators/Observers
Ask Opinion vs. Ask Experience
How does the quota algorithm work?
How to be a participant video instructions - employee engagement
How to be a Participant Image
Live and Analysis
Publish a Conversation
How many Moderators are allowed in a Conversation?
Moderate with your Discussion Guide
Analyze the data in realtime
What does "% Agree" mean?
What is Highlights?
End a Conversation
How can I export the data?
What is the Conversation Data CSV?
What is the Conversation Topline PowerPoint?
What is the Participant Data CSV?
How to read visualizations
How to use Filters
Aggregating poll data across multiple conversations
Using Segments in Analysis
What are Common Topics?
Accessibility Best Practices for Moderators on Remesh
How to use Post-Session Analysis
Can Participants see all the responses when the question is over?
Tracking Individual Participants
What happens when Participants get rejected?
What is the maximum number of participants I can have in my Remesh Conversation?
Incentivize your Audience
Audience Recruitment Best Practices
Audience Recruiting Ratios
Manage Unruly Participants
Participants arriving late
Can I capture what time a participant joined or left the conversation?
Other Questions, Tips, and Tricks
How do the participant counters and participant Waiting Room work?
Limit on number of Poll options
Question Time Duration
How many votes were cast on an each response?
What are the voting exercises and how does the voting process work?
How is "Total Time Estimated" calculated on the Discussion Guide Excel template?
Can the participants navigate to a link or video outside of Remesh?
Can a participant view images/videos in full screen?
Can Polls have free-text response options?
How can the moderator emphasize a word or phrase?
What is the character limit for responses to open-ended questions?
Moderator experience in different languages
Question types on Remesh
Can I delete a 'Speak' or image that I sent before the conversation started?
Using audio alongside Remesh
Employee Engagement Best Practices
Using Remesh during a live event
Using Remesh in-person
Is there a minimum bandwidth requirement?
New Feature Announcements
Profanity Filter and Flagging & Muting Participants
Discussion Guide Usability
Adjust and Preview Images
Updates to Live Moderation & Analysis
Collaborating in the Discussion Guide
Randomizing Poll Options
How to Request Your Next Sample, Research, or Translation Project
Conversation Practice Session
The Hub: Your new home when logging into the Remesh platform.
Analysis Updates from Dec. 15th
Updates to the Participant Experience Going Live on April 12th
Account Management Dashboard
Import Discussion Guide from Existing Conversations
Updated by Mia Pfluger
If you're interested in moderating a Remesh conversation while in-person with the participants, you can definitely do so, but it does add a couple things to take note of. Feel free to reach out to your Customer Success Manager if you have additional questions!
- Consider whether the participants will all be in the same room or whether some will be dialed in remotely. If you need to set up a conference bridge for remote participants, make sure you replicate everything said verbally with "Speaks" in the Remesh conversation. You want to try and make sure participants don't lose any content or context simply because they are not in the same room, and we all know it can sometimes be tough to hear on a conference call.
- Share the participant link on a screen at the front of the room and make sure participants know they are able to join the Remesh conversation from a mobile device
- Make sure the moderator is someone who is confident and able to roll with the flow of the conversation. Since participants will be in the same room and viewing responses come through live, the moderator should be mentally prepared for any answers that are critical or might be "awkward" to address in front of a live audience.
- It also might make sense to tag team and divide the moderator and commentator duties, so that one person can focus only on asking questions on Remesh and the other person can do the crowd control and verbal narrating.
- The silence when people are answering questions can feel uncomfortable, so you might want to consider music or have the moderator or commentator up front giving direction and narrating as you go.
- Make sure the question durations are ~15-30 seconds longer to account for participants typing primarily on mobile device. As a reminder, our typical recommendation is 30 seconds for Polls and 2 minutes for Asks, but this should be extended slightly. You can also play this by ear and be flexible as the group becomes increasingly comfortable with the platform.
- If everyone will be on a WiFi network (as opposed to mobile), be sure to test the network in advance to make sure Remesh isn't blocked. Here are the steps to ensure that Remesh can be run successfully.